November 15, 2006

McCarthyism, Racism & Glenn Beck

Media Matters:
On the November 14 edition of his CNN Headline News program,Glenn Beck interviewed Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN), who became the first Muslim ever elected to Congress on November 7, and asked Ellison if he could "have five minutes here where we're just politically incorrect and I play the cards up on the table." After Ellison agreed, Beck said: "I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Beck added: "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
BECK: OK. No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. I've been to mosques. I really don't believe that Islam is a religion of evil. I -- you know, I think it's being hijacked, quite frankly.

With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, "Let's cut and run." And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."

And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way.

ELLISON: Well, let me tell you, the people of the Fifth Congressional District know that I have a deep love and affection for my country. There's no one who is more patriotic than I am. And so, you know, I don't need to -- need to prove my patriotic stripes.
Why does this fool have a still have a televsion show?

Glenn Beck is a proven idiot and a racist. No serious person should ever go on this show on CNN. Glenn Beck along with this conservatives allies has been calling Democrats, liberals, brown people terrorist or terrorist supporters for years. They think anyone who does not support their policies is the enemy of Republican Party , and America. Keith Ellison does not have to prove this patriotism to the likes of Glenn Bleck.

[Update]

First Muslim In Congress Snubs Bush, Meets With Big Labor Instead
Keith Ellison, the first Muslim ever elected to Congress, hasn't even taken office yet, but he already appears to be charting his own route in Congress. The Associated Press reports that Ellison skipped a swanky private White House reception for other freshman Congressman hosted by President Bush -- and went to a reception for the AFL-CIO instead. "It wasn't even a close call," Ellison says. "Maybe one day I'll get to meet the president. He's the president, and I respect him in his role as the president, but I have exceedingly sharp differences with him on a policy level." Somehow we doubt that Ellison's complete lack of interest in hobnobbing with Bush will make him any more popular with his many conservative critics.
Good move.

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 12:09 AM, Blogger Hawkeyi's Blog said...

I saw Glenn Beck tonight, I know I should have watched a hockey game instead...

The program was full of conservative propaganda. But I do respect Beck for bringing on the good Muslim Doctor from Nevada who denounced terrorism by extremists. I'm with Beck and the good doctor on this one and agree in general, Islamic people are peaceful, loving, caring and respectful of life as is most Americans, Jews and other people's on the planet.

The danger with Becks program is it groups up all Islamic people as suspect to commit terrorism and I know from history this is dangerous. I've lost count as to how many times our own Canadian goverment has apologized and paid out sums of tax payer's compensation to identified groups that were wronged by racial profiling during wars. This has caused nothing but grief and shame in our history and yet media such as CNN and FOX continue to abuse thier ability of propagating the war.

Its preparing Americans that Iran is next to be attacked.

I'm Irish by the way, I abhor hate promoting as I witnessed on the first half of Beck ( Neo Consevatism and radical Muslims nut jobs alike) They both promoted hate and the media have done its job at exposing America to the new enemy of freedom. Russians, Japanese, Iraqi's, German's have all been victimized by this racial profiling before the battles.

I noticed 30 minutes of Glenn Beck and 30 minutes of commercials paying big bucks into the bank vaults of CNN, thats a religion on its own called capitalism and they too have agenda.

One strange thing last night was I also noticed that a 10 second portion of Becks show was sensored and blacked out with a sign of numbers and letters saying "Blocked" on my TV screen. This may have been by our local cable company or perhaps our CRTC here in Canada. Wow that sucks.

Wish they block out South Park.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home