September 13, 2005

Radio Host calls hurricane survivors ‘scumbags’, also ‘hates’ 9-11 families

Glenn Beck, a nationally syndicated Clear Channel radio host, on New Orleans hurricane survivors:
But the second thought I had when I saw these people and they had to shut down the Astrodome and lock it down, I thought: I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims. These guys -- you know it's really sad. We're not hearing anything about Mississippi. We're not hearing anything about Alabama. We're hearing about the victims in New Orleans. This is a 90,000-square-mile disaster site, New Orleans is 181 square miles. A hundred and -- 0.2 percent of the disaster area is New Orleans! And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention. It's exactly like the 9-11 victims' families. There's about 10 of them that are spoiling it for everybody.
Glenn Beck also wants 9-11 families to shut the f*** up with all of their whining.
When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was -- and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, "Let's give them money, let's get this started." All of this stuff. And I really didn't -- of the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it's only about 10.
To those 10 people who lost love one during 9-11 attacks and continue to defy our dear leader should just shut the f*** up and hurricane survivors who stayed in New Orleans should also shut the f*** up and not acted all ‘ghetto’ while trying to get federal aid according to Glenn Beck. To conservatives it is never the fault of their leadership it is the fault of ‘scumbags’ who happen to be poor and unable to leave New Orleans or victims of terror attacks.

Glenn Beck is continuing hateful rhetoric coming from the right during failed presidency of George W. Bush. Except more appalling rhetoric to continue as conservatives start to loss their political power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home