December 1, 2006

Vilsack criticizes McCain on Iraq

Good move.
Democratic presidential hopeful Tom Vilsack on Friday dismissed Republican Sen. John McCain's call for more U.S. troops in Iraq, arguing it would be wrong to "make a big mistake bigger." [..]

"I fundamentally disagree with Senator McCain on this. I think he is wrong. We cannot afford to make a big mistake bigger," the Iowa governor said to a burst of applause at the New Hampshire Technical Institute.

"We've stretched our military too thin and I'm not quite sure where Senator McCain thinks we can get these troops," said Vilsack, who made similar comments during a radio interview.
John '08 McCain is trying to set himself as the 'I told you so' Presidential candidate. The uber hawk is calling for more troops in Iraq, which is his only solution. If President Bush sends more troops and things get worst. John '08 McCain will say, 'I told you so' you still need to send more troops. If President Bush, does not send more troops and things stay the same or get worst. John '08 McCain will say, 'I told you so' vote for me. Which is the most likely scenario to play out. It is a nice little game the supposedly straight talker is playing.

Tom Vilsack is wise to follow this line of criticism against the Senator. Sending more troops is make a big mistake bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home