December 1, 2006

I Need to Move ..

Commuters brace the weather along Wacker Drive.
(Brian Jackson/Sun-Times)


.. but, to where?

Wintry blast hits area
The first major snowstorm of the season covered highways and streets Friday with a slick, sloppy mess, snarling morning commutes, forcing hundreds of flight cancellations and causing one plane to slide off a runway. [..]

In the Chicago area, the National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning until noon, predicting snow totals of six to 12 inches. Winds gusted to over 30 mph as the storm arrived in full by the morning rush hour.
I have lived in the Chicagoland area all of my life. Cold weather is no problem for me. But, after I become a paraplegic it's very difficult to travel in the snow alone or with family and friends. My activities slow down a lot during the winter months. I'm starting to think that it would be more convenient if I move to a warm climate.

The issue is that I dislike hot weather. So, does anyone know of place in America that is 65 to 70 degrees year around and doesn't snow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home