November 21, 2006

Tammy Duckworth

Gov picks Duckworth for Veterans Affairs
Gov. Blagojevich is starting his second term making a smart choice for a top job. He's tapping wounded Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth to be the new director of the Illinois Veterans' Affairs Department.
"I thought it was a natural fit for me and my background," Duckworth told me. [..]

Taking over the Veterans' Affairs Department was an easy call given "my commitment to veterans and health care issues," said Duckworth.

"I just wanted to stay in public service," said Duckworth.

She will replace Roy Dolgos, who will be moving over to the Transportation Department. Duckworth's appointment to the $102,000-a-year post is effective Dec. 15 and is subject to state Senate confirmation.
It is a good more for both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home