November 21, 2006

Barack Obama Apologizes

It takes a lot of courage to admit that you personally made a mistake. That your actions and rhetoric do have real world consequence. Senator Barack Obama needs to apologizes not to the American public, or the Democratic Party, or to the great people of Illinois or to the Bloggers, but to one man. The junior Senator of Illinois has to be held accountable for this actions.
Two years ago I was a full-time newspaper reporter in Illinois covering Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

I had the looks, I had the charm and I had my eye on this pretty young thing who was doing an internship for a competing paper.

It took me nearly two months of running into each other at various news events before I worked up the nerve to begin talking to her.

And then Obama shows up.
Senator Barack Obama made a fool out of Nicklaus Lovelady in front of a girl he was trying to holler at. Totally messing up this game.
The day Obama came, there was a huge press conference at the university’s student center with about 100 people inside the conference room and hundreds more viewing the conference on a big screen in the lobby.

Obama did his thing, and at the end there was segment for questions by the media.

After about five questions from different television and newspaper reporters, I stood up to ask mine.

“Wait a minute son, this is for professional media only,” Obama said to me.

“What do you mean? I work for the local paper,” I said with a crackling nervous voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were a college student. You have such a baby face,” he said with an unremorseful grin.


At that point everyone in the room turned to look at me and laugh. The 800 people in the lobby laughed as my face was projected on the big screen.

Remembered that girl who I was trying to get with, well she was sitting next to me and guess what she was doing?

Everyone was laughing except me.

The next time I saw that young lady was at another press conference, but this time she was acting as if she never knew me. I think I saw her maybe two more times and each time, it was the cold shoulder.
Now, that ugly. How could you do that to a guy, Barack?

Barack Obama realize what he did and called Nicklaus Lovelady personally. Listen to the phone call.

As Heard on Air: Barack Obama Makes an Apology (MP3)

The Senator is truly a stand up guy.

(Hat Tip to The Plank)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home