April 25, 2005

Tom DeLay Policy Director Joins K-Street Firm

Are Tom Delay political aids jumping ship for greener pastures?

WASHINGTON, April 25 /U.S. Newswire/ -- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) bid a fond farewell to his policy director, Juliane Carter Sullivan, who starts her new position as a senior adviser in the policy department of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.

"As sad as I am to see Juli leave, I'm also very pleased to see her taking on the new challenges that come with her new position," DeLay said. "It's always difficult to say goodbye to such a trusted adviser and key member of my team, but I appreciate all the work she has done over the years and her steadfast commitment to the cause we have dedicated ourselves to." [...]

"While Juli will be missed here, her wealth of knowledge and experience will be a tremendous asset to her new organization. I wish her all the best," DeLay concluded.
Who are the new employers of Juliane Carter Sullivan?

The last 1/2 century has seen an explosion of government at every level. Akin Gump was born in the midst of this trend. To work effectively with government, you need to understand the rhythms, personalities and idiosyncrasies of Washington and other capitals.

When an industry is threatened or legislative and political reform warrant strategic positioning, we help shape the issues and structure a rational approach. Akin Gump lawyers understand how decisions are made, which arguments will work, how to assemble coalitions, how to advocate legislative action - and when to litigate.
You can not get any closer to federal government, than Tom Delay.

Khandker: "I'm sorry, sir, but this is a federal building, and it's against the law of the federal government."

DeLay: "I am the federal government."
If I worked for Tom Delay, I would get my high paying job on K-Street right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home