A quick rundown of the posts I have read during my travels around the series of tubes.
- Think Progress: The Minutemen group and its leadership are having internal problems over financial accountability and their ‘Minuteman Border Fence’.
- Think Progess: The Bush White House is not even trying to find competent people to fill important positions anymore.
- The Carpetbagger Report: House Conservatives continue to make fool out of themselves. During hour-long memorial for the late Rev. Jerry Falwell on the floor of the House of Representatives, Republican Rep. Eric Cantor called Falwell a ‘true patriot’. If Jerry Falwell is called a patriot then the word lose all meaning.
- The Carpetbagger Report: As always, the Bush White House is full of it.
- Crooks and Liars: Keith Olbermann scathing rips into the Democratic Party over compromise on the war supplemental. Trust me, they deserve it.And yet when faced with the prospect of someone calling you on your stubbornness–your stubbornness which has cost 3,431 Americans their lives and thousands more their limbs–you, Mr. Bush, imply that if the Democrats don't give you the money and give it to you entirely on your terms, the troops in Iraq will be stranded, or forced to serve longer, or have to throw bullets at the enemy with their bare hands. How transcendentally, how historically, pathetic.
The Democratic leadership has, in sum, claimed a compromise with the Administration, in which the only things truly compromised are the trust of the voters, the ethics of the Democrats, and the lives of our brave, and doomed, friends, and family, in Iraq.
You, the men and women elected with the simplest of directions - Stop The War - have traded your strength, your bargaining position, and the uniform support of those who elected you… for a handful of magic beans.