February 26, 2006

IL-14: Democrat John Laesch

Democrat John Laesch is running in 14th Congressional District of Illinois to unset Speaker of the House, Republican Dennis Hastert.

Go read more about John Laesch on this diary on Daily Kos.
I am the Fighting Democrat who will defeat Hastert

I want to begin by letting you know that Hastert has not had a serious challenge since he took office almost 20 years ago. For the first time in a long time, we have seen "Hastert for Congress" yard signs popping up during the Illinois primary (March 21st).

This comes at a time when he is very vulnerable. Dennis Hastert is part of the culture of corruption in Washington and recently gave $69,000 of Jack Abramoff's money to charity. [..]

In addition to being the only "fighting Dem" with a military intelligence background in the Middle East, I have connections that are capable of attacking Hastert's base. I was born on the mission field in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa and my father still works at Lutheran Bible Translators in Aurora, IL. We have many connections in the faith-based communities in both Kane and Kendall County.

We live on a small farm in rural Kendall County (Newark, IL is 9 miles from Yorkville, IL). Before I turned 16 years old, I was already bailing hay, plowing fields and shelling corn for many local farmers.

I am currently a Union Carpenter for Local 195. I spent some time working for SEIU's Illinois for Healthcare as an organizer and activist.

Kossacs, when was the last time you ran across a candidate who can talk corn & beans, foreign policy and tell folks in a church why this war is immoral?
John Laesch and Ruben K. Zamora face off in the March 21 Democratic primary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home