April 15, 2007

'08 McCain: I have no Plan B

Recently, Senator John McCain made some ridiculous remarks about how safe it is to walk in some neighborhoods in Baghdad. To prove this point, McCain walked thru a marketplace with 100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gun. Senator McCain talking points did not match the reality on the ground. To counter the criticism of this Baghdad stroll, the Straight Talk Express claimed its fun to misspeak about serious issues.

Its becoming increasing clear John McCain is willing to say anything in order to become President. This latest declaration is he has no plan B for this Presidential campaign Iraq.
“I have no Plan B,” Mr. McCain said in an interview. “If I saw that doomsday scenario evolving, then I would try to come up with one. But I cannot give you a good alternative because if I had a good alternative, maybe we could consider it now.”
Again, the Senator misspoke. The escalation of the Iraq war was President Bush and Senator McCain plan B for Iraq. The shocking part is the Senator can not envision a policy lead by President Bush failing.

On a related note, Senator Jim Webb points out McCain hypocrisy over questioning people patriotism.
I’m disappointed in John McCain. I’ve known him for many years. The day before we begin the debate on the Iraq bills, he pulled me aside on the Senate floor and said, Jim, we do not want the situation we had in the Vietnam War. We do not want one side impugning the patriotism of the other side, and John McCain has been doing this consistently since that time. I don’t believe that it is in anybody’s interest for members of the Senate to be impugning the other side’s patriotism, or by the way, to be hiding behind the troops as political justification for what we’re doing.
Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home